Tuesday, January 17, 2017

About Me - REVISED!!

Hi, my name is Samar and i'm currently a Freshman at the University of South Carolina. I committed here to play Golf, and I listen to music all the time. Music gets me through morning practices and helps me get pumped for matches. The aim of my blog is to leave you with new music to listen to. I've been listening to hip hop and rnb since middle school. I remember my old iPod Classic with hundreds of songs from 2008-2012 on there. Since then, i've been using Spotify, and it has been a blessing. I have discovered a lot of the music I listen to through Spotify's "browse" section. I have evolved from the days of listening "crank dat," and "teach me how to dougie," into more of a sophisticated style of rap. However, Spotify can only introduce you to so much new music. About a year ago, I was introduced to the iTunes app "Spinrilla," where artists can upload their mixtapes. I still use the app today, and I have discovered a lot of new mixtapes. Artists like Tory Lanez have their formal EP's and LP's on Spotify, but they also release a slew of mixtapes throughout the year. I have come to respect artists who make music and then let people listen to them for free, because it's time consuming to create 10-12 songs, master them, and then release them. This blog will be about the best mixtapes and RnB albums in the last year. I listen to Gucci and 21, but I like RnB albums more because you can listen to the whole album, and I like to vibe to songs more than I like to turn up. Come here to enjoy some nice new music.

No comments:

Post a Comment